Yummy Yeast Rolls Recipe
I've won prizes in several baking contests with this recipe. Since my granddaughters enjoy the rolls, I usually have a pan or two in the freezer for them to take home with them after a visit.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. In a saucepan, heat soda and butter to 110°-115°. Add the warm soda mixture, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour to yeast mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Divide each portion into nine pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC