Yummy Yeast Rolls Recipe
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll dough to 3/8-in. thickness; cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: about 10.
Reviews for Yummy Yeast Rolls(18)
Sort By :
My husband's favorite dinner rolls!
Easy southern roll recipe, however I would substitute milk or buttermilk to make a richer taste. A great basic recipe for quick yeast rolls
Very slightly sweet, great texture and taste! Perfect dinner roll, and easy to make.
What a great, easy recipe. Instead of rolling them out, I just divided dough into 12 balls and put them into a 8 inch round cake pan. Within 1 hour, hot rolls were on the table.
This is pretty much my go-to roll recipe now--it's very quick to make--1.5 hrs. start to finish. I do not roll mine out, I simply divide the dough into 12/13 pieces & shape into balls. I place them about 3/4" apart as I prefer my rolls to touch so we can pull them apart hot out of the oven!