Yummy Texas Pecan Pie Recipe
This ooey gooey pie's luscious and creamy filling offers that good old familiar flavor so many have come to love! —Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, corn syrups, eggs, vinegar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges with foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 543 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 93 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC