- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, corn syrups, eggs, vinegar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Yummy Texas Pecan Pie
"Fantastically quick & easy to assemble, and as it states...yummy!"
"I have a 9" stoneware pie plate and the filling barely met the halfway mark!!! Will have to double the ingredients next time, there will be a next time ..... it was very yummy"
"I have made this pie with sugar free maple syrup and Splenda. Hubby could not tell the difference. It is delicious and guilt free (almost)."
"I have made this with 2/3 cup of bisquick. Bisquick will serve as a crust. bake in a deep dish pie plate. On another note, do 1 cup of bisquick, small can coconut, large can crushed pineapple, and bake in a 9X9" pan. This is really good too. DO NOT wisk or beat. Stir, your filling will be better. You want to take out of the oven when your pie still jiggles in the middle."
"It is a keeper ! It has replaced my receipt ."
"Very good pie"
"It was so good..everytime I walked by it I would have small bite...had put it out of sight !!!"
"I was told this was the best pecan pie they had ever had....and it is very good! It is VERY sticky, though and I floured both sides of the crust, too. Maybe next time I will "extra" flour and see if that helps it come out of the pie plate better. I used a refrigerated crust which said glass plate was recommended, but I did not use glass....so that might help, too."
"I loved this recipe and it has been talked about to this day, the only thing I did the second time is add a little more flour as the first time it was a little runny....over all great recipe!"
"great recpie need no changes man of little wrods. thanks for sharing it."