Yummy Texas Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, corn syrups, eggs, vinegar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Yummy Texas Pecan Pie(5)
Sort By :
It is a keeper ! It has replaced my receipt .
Very good pie
It was so good..everytime I walked by it I would have small bite...had put it out of sight !!!
I was told this was the best pecan pie they had ever had....and it is very good! It is VERY sticky, though and I floured both sides of the crust, too. Maybe next time I will "extra" flour and see if that helps it come out of the pie plate better. I used a refrigerated crust which said glass plate was recommended, but I did not use glass....so that might help, too.
I loved this recipe and it has been talked about to this day, the only thing I did the second time is add a little more flour as the first time it was a little runny....over all great recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >