I often make this all-in-one dish ahead of time and reheat it for reunions and potlucks. No additional salt is needed...there's just enough in the soups. --Rosa Dietzier, Santa Rosa, California
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the beef, vegetables and onions. Dot with butter.
- In a bowl, combine soups and milk; spread over vegetables. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tater-Topped Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p179
Reviews for Yummy Tater-Topped Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2015
"This will be added to our family favorites! Good flavor!"
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2013
"Easy & yummy"
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2013
"I made this just as recipe states. Yummy!"
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012
"It is easy and fast to make and it is delicious!!!"
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
"Quick, easy, and tasty."