Yummy Tater-Topped Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the beef, vegetables and onions. Dot with butter.
- 2. In a bowl, combine soups and milk; spread over vegetables. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 482 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Yummy Tater-Topped Casserole
"This will be added to our family favorites! Good flavor!"
"Easy & yummy"
"I made this just as recipe states. Yummy! However I used the whole bag of tater tots which is 32 oz. It covers the top perfectly."
"It is easy and fast to make and it is delicious!!!"
"Quick, easy, and tasty."
"A regular in our household!! Family doesn't care for mixed veggies, so I use only corn, but still DELICIOUS! Great re-heated and easy to make!"
"This recipe was so easy to make. My Husband said I could make it again. Next time I would add a few more spices to the hamburger, because it was a bit bland. Otherwise it was very good. It also freezes well."
"Made this with 1 lb of ground chuck. Was plenty of meat. Seasoned the chuck with a little salt & pepper. Was excellent! Would definitely make again."
"The french-fried onions make this a really tasty recipe. I used Golden Mushroom Soup because my husband and I are lactose intolerant (and I skipped the butter and used water instead of milk) and it turned out great."
"I added half a package of onion soup mix and a lot of pepper to the meat and used green beans."
"My daughter made this & brought it to us, it was delicious! I want to make it myself, this sounds fairly easy to make which I am glad as I can't cook anything complecated."
"I would definately make this again, only I'd use more onions, becasue 2.8 oz is just not enough! :)"
"Made this for supper tonight. Everybody liked it and I will be making again. The only thing I will change next time is to season the ground beef when I cook it, cause it was a little bland if u got alot of beef in one bite. I also bought and used a big can of the French Fried Onions by accident but I will do the same next time too it was good."