- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 15 whole crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup light soy milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, soy milk, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until marshmallows are softened. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Yummy S'more Snack Cake
Sort By :
"thought it tasted like a sponge"
"It made a lot for just 2 of us, so I cooked it in my mini muffin pan. It made 48 little muffins. That allowed us 2 each. I only put topping on the 4 we were eating. The rest I froze to use later. To do the topping I just put 2 marshmallows and 2 choclate chips on each and broiled. It was a nice treat!"
"This cake was a huge hit with my husband and kids (and me too)! So easy to make! I substituted skim milk for soy milk, and I sprinkled the chocolate chips over the warm cake rather than melting & drizzling them. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written. It did take quite a bit longer to bake until a toothpick came out clean....22 minutes in my oven. Will make again for sure!"
"My kids loved this cake, Ive made it several tmes."
"My family did not care for this recipe, I felt it was also dry and not much flavor."