Yummy S'more Snack Cake Recipe
“This cake is a close second to s'mores by the campfire. You can adjust the amount of marshmallows and chocolate chips to your liking.” Deborah Williams - Peoria, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 15 whole crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup light soy milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, soy milk, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until marshmallows are softened. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece equals 168 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC