This cake is a close second to s'mores by the campfire. You can adjust the amount of marshmallows and chocolate chips to your liking. —Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 15 whole crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup light soy milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, soy milk, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until marshmallows are softened. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Yummy S'more Snack Cake in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p45
Reviews for Yummy S'more Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review