- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 15 whole crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup light soy milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, soy milk, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until marshmallows are softened. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Yummy S'more Snack Cake
"This is a family favorite. It is perfect for when you need you s'more fix and you can't cook one over a fire. Just don't expect it to have the crunch of a s'more. We also like that it is healthier than other s'more bars. Make sure you don't overcook the marshmallows!"
"Easy to make and a good alternative to the messy s'more."
"thought it tasted like a sponge"
"It made a lot for just 2 of us, so I cooked it in my mini muffin pan. It made 48 little muffins. That allowed us 2 each. I only put topping on the 4 we were eating. The rest I froze to use later. To do the topping I just put 2 marshmallows and 2 choclate chips on each and broiled. It was a nice treat!"
"This cake was a huge hit with my husband and kids (and me too)! So easy to make! I substituted skim milk for soy milk, and I sprinkled the chocolate chips over the warm cake rather than melting & drizzling them. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written. It did take quite a bit longer to bake until a toothpick came out clean....22 minutes in my oven. Will make again for sure!"