Yummy Raspberry Lemon Muffins Recipe
I collect bread and muffin recipes, and this is one of my favorites. You can easily substitute fresh or frozen blueberries for the raspberries if you prefer. Plus, these muffins freeze well, so they're easy to have on hand.—Georgia Carruthers, Livonis, Michigan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, yogurt, butter, lemon peel and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries. fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 183 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC