Yummy Raspberry Lemon Muffins Recipe
I collect bread and muffin recipes, and this is one of my favorites. You can easily substitute fresh or frozen blueberries for the raspberries if you prefer. Plus, these muffins freeze well, so they're easy to have on hand.—Georgia Carruthers, Livonis, Michigan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, yogurt, butter, lemon peel and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries. fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Lemon Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p9
Reviews for Yummy Raspberry Lemon Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2011
I made these on Sunday to bring into work on Monday. They were delicious! Everyone liked them. I baked them for 5min, pulled them out to pop in a raspberry in the top of each one and then placed them back in the oven to finish baking.