Yummy Pizza Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, garlic powder and oregano. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, oil and salt; pour over meat mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepperoni. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 331 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.