“After a friend served this filling pizza to my husband and me, it quickly became one of our favorite meals,” recalls Rita McCullough of New Knoxville, Ohio. “I always come home with an empty dish and recipe requests when I take it to an event.”
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 slices pepperoni, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, garlic powder and oregano. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, oil and salt; pour over meat mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepperoni. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Yummy Pizza Bake in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p26
Reviews for Yummy Pizza Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review