Yummy Pecan Bites Recipe
After experimenting with different recipes and ingredients, I came up with this simply delicious recipe that's reminiscent of the ever-popular Snickerdoodle.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Combine topping ingredients.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls, then roll in topping. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 each: 177 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Yummy Pecan Bites
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC