Yummy Mummy with Veggie Dip Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 pieces Galbani® String Cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope fiesta ranch dip mix
- 1 pitted ripe olive
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- 1. Let dough rise according to package directions. Place dough on a greased baking sheet. For mummy, roll out dough into a 12-in. oval that is narrower at the bottom. For the neck, make an indentation on each side, about 1 in. down from the top. Let rise in a warm place 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Arrange strips of string cheese over bread; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and dip mix. Chill until serving.
- 4. Cut mummy in half horizontally. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Cut removed bread into cubes; set aside. Place bread bottom on a serving plate. Spoon dip into shell. Replace top. For eyes, cut olive and position on head. Serve with crackers, vegetables and reserved bread. Yield: 16 servings (2 cups dip).
2 tablespoons dip (calculated without crackers, vegetables or bread) equals 119 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.