Yummy Mummy with Veggie Dip Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 pieces string cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope fiesta ranch dip mix
- 1 pitted ripe olive
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- 1. Let dough rise according to package directions. Place dough on a greased baking sheet. For mummy, roll out dough into a 12-in. oval that is narrower at the bottom. For the neck, make an indentation on each side, about 1 in. down from the top. Let rise in a warm place 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Arrange strips of string cheese over bread; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and dip mix. Chill until serving.
- 4. Cut mummy in half horizontally. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Cut removed bread into cubes; set aside. Place bread bottom on a serving plate. Spoon dip into shell. Replace top. For eyes, cut olive and position on head. Serve with crackers, vegetables and reserved bread. Yield: 16 servings (2 cups dip).
2 tablespoon: 119 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Yummy Mummy with Veggie Dip
"This was so easy and looked awesome on the table. I used a different dip recipe but the mummy was a big hit. Will definitely be making this again next Halloween."
"I made this with the bread and it came out looking exactly like the picture. I couldn't find the fiesta dip so I mixed salsa with ranch dip. It looked great and tasted wonderful. It was the first to go when we had our Halloween Party at work."