“I came up with this idea for dressing up a veggie tray for our annual Halloween party, and everyone got really 'wrapped up' in it," says Heather Snow in Salt Lake City, Utah. "Frozen bread dough and dip mix make this a simple and easy appetizer that's as much fun to display as to eat!”
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 pieces string cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope fiesta ranch dip mix
- 1 pitted ripe olive
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- Let dough rise according to package directions. Place dough on a greased baking sheet. For mummy, roll out dough into a 12-in. oval that is narrower at the bottom. For the neck, make an indentation on each side, about 1 in. down from the top. Let rise in a warm place 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Arrange strips of string cheese over bread; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and dip mix. Chill until serving.
- Cut mummy in half horizontally. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Cut removed bread into cubes; set aside. Place bread bottom on a serving plate. Spoon dip into shell. Replace top. For eyes, cut olive and position on head. Serve with crackers, vegetables and reserved bread. Yield: 16 servings (2 cups dip).
Originally published as Yummy Mummy with Veggie Dip in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p33
Reviews for Yummy Mummy with Veggie Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review