Yummy Mummy with Veggie Dip Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 pieces string cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope fiesta ranch dip mix
- 1 pitted ripe olive
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- Let dough rise according to package directions. Place dough on a greased baking sheet. For mummy, roll out dough into a 12-in. oval that is narrower at the bottom. For the neck, make an indentation on each side, about 1 in. down from the top. Let rise in a warm place 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Arrange strips of string cheese over bread; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and dip mix. Chill until serving.
- Cut mummy in half horizontally. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Cut removed bread into cubes; set aside. Place bread bottom on a serving plate. Spoon dip into shell. Replace top. For eyes, cut olive and position on head. Serve with crackers, vegetables and reserved bread. Yield: 16 servings (2 cups dip).
Reviews for Yummy Mummy with Veggie Dip
Sort By :
"This was so easy and looked awesome on the table. I used a different dip recipe but the mummy was a big hit. Will definitely be making this again next Halloween."
"I made this with the bread and it came out looking exactly like the picture. I couldn't find the fiesta dip so I mixed salsa with ranch dip. It looked great and tasted wonderful. It was the first to go when we had our Halloween Party at work."