Yummy Chocolate Double-Chip Cookies Recipe
I first time I made these cookies, I sent them to my stepson in the Marines. The next time he phoned, guess what he requested? More of these cookies! —Marcella Moore, Washburn, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown (tops will feel soft). Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 101 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC