- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown (tops will feel soft). Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Yummy Chocolate Double-Chip Cookies
"I've been making these for years. They are delicious. I make a bigger batch and use an entire bag of chocolate chips as well as an entire bag of butterscotch chips."
"Good cookies, next time I'll double the batch!"
"Awesome recipe. I don't agree that it yields 2 and a half dozen though. I got about a dozen 2 inch cookies."
"These are great cookies. We eat plant based and they crossed over really well - used coconut oil instead of butter, flax seed egg instead of an egg and vegan chips. Sometimes the change over isn't great but this one was."
"These have quickly become one of my favorite cookie recipes. Have to make at least a double batch each time. But, I was wondering why they flatten out so much after letting them sit for 3 minutes after baking. I follow the recipe exactly, but they look more like the picture when they first come out of the oven. They get flatter and darker as they sit. Why is this?"
"The use of all brown sugar in this yummy cookie won my family over! This rich cookie dough made a wonderful base for cookie dough gifts. The small batches of dough fit nicely into medium sized deli containers. I wrote the directions on the outside of the containers. Perfect for chocolate, butterscotch and peanut butter chips a like."