- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown (tops will feel soft). Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Yummy Chocolate Double-Chip Cookies
Sort By :
The use of all brown sugar in this yummy cookie won my family over! This rich cookie dough made a wonderful base for cookie dough gifts. The small batches of dough fit nicely into medium sized deli containers. I wrote the directions on the outside of the containers. Perfect for chocolate, butterscotch and peanut butter chips a like.
I made these as a bar cookie using an 8 x 8-inch pan. They were deliciious!
Amazing cookies! So super easy and fast! No one will believe they are not store bought they taste just like toll house or nestlè. Do need to double this recipe though it only makes about 19 regular size cookies:/ definitely a keeper going in the recipe box:) thank you taste of home
Because I am crazy about chocolate n peanut butter, I substituted peanut butter chips for the butterscotch ones BUT I used equal amounts of both chips