- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown (tops will feel soft). Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Yummy Chocolate Double-Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"I've been making these for years. They are delicious. I make a bigger batch and use an entire bag of chocolate chips as well as an entire bag of butterscotch chips."
"Good cookies, next time I'll double the batch!"
"I haven't tried these yet, but it's basically the Toll House chocolate chip cookie cut in half minus the white sugar and added butterscotch chips.Brown sugar produces a softer brown cookie while the white produce a crunchier and lighter colored cookie. If your cookie comes out flat...1. Make sure you use butter not margarine. 2. Make sure your butter is not melted. It needs to be softer with a bit of chill to it. 3. Increase your flour 1/4 cup. 4. Refrigerate your dough for at least 30 mins to help reduce the butter from melting fast and spreading flat. Refrigerating also gives it a better flavor.I have A LOT of dark brown sugar I need to use up and this is a great idea! Thank you for sharing your family recipe and I'm so glad your step son enjoyed it with his fellow members! What a wonderful step mother you must be!"
"This is magnificent! They are great just with just chocolate chips, or with butterscotch. They're best warm, when the chips are gooey. This will always be my go-to cookie recipe!"