- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water and egg whites. Beat on low speed for 1 minute; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, place milk and extract in a large bowl. Sprinkle with a third of the pudding mix; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk pudding into milk. Repeat twice with remaining pudding mix. Whisk pudding 2 minutes longer. Let stand for 15 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Yummy Chocolate Cake
"I am diabetic, and I love this cake, give you a chance to eat something wonderful. My family did not even know it was, so that was better. Nest time, I will add toasted pecans to the top."
"The best chocolate cake ever! So easy too! Love the calorie count."
"Cake mix sizes have changed from 18.25 to 14 oz in the last few years. What was this originally made with and does it mKe a difference? It does with my pineapple upside down cake, I have buy 2 mixes and weigh them out."
"The best cake ever! My frosting turned out great.....I refrigerated it for a short time before I frosted, so it would set a little. Perfect, and it lasted at least 4 days in the fridge. Perfect for groups of people.....they devour it. Use the 15x10x1 pan too......I think that makes a difference. This goes in my favorites!!"
"The cake is good and bakes up well (and I made cupcakes instead of a pan cake). However, the frosting ended up a soupy mess, even though I followed the instructions exactly and used low-fat frozen whipped topping, not fat-free. I cannot figure out how anyone could get frosting from these directions/ingredients. Because I made these for my husband's birthday, I had to use store-bought frosting (the sugary, unhealthy kind) which sort of defeats the whole purpose of this recipe. I will be looking for another frosting recipe to use with this cake."