- moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill
- rack. Lightly brush vegetables with remaining canola oil. Grill
- vegetables and chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in.
- from the grill for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions. Quickly
- slice chicken and peppers into strips and separate onion slices into
- rings. Spoon chicken and vegetables down the center of tortillas;
- fold in sides. Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and/or cheese
- if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Grilled Beef Fajitas: Prepare as directed, using 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak in place of the chicken. Grill over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutritional Facts: 1 fajita (calculated without salsa or optional toppings) equals 282 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.