Fresh lime juice help you bring a taste of Mexico to your dinner table. These colorful fajitas have fresh flavors that appeal to everyone.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- eachguacamole dip
- Guacamole dip and sour cream or shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt if desired, oregano and cumin; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Lightly brush vegetables with remaining canola oil. Grill vegetables and chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions. Quickly slice chicken and peppers into strips and separate onion slices into rings. Spoon chicken and vegetables down the center of tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and/or cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajitas in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p237
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Yummy Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2015
"This fajita recipe is the one I always make"
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2013
"Best Fajitas I have ever made!"