“Every time I prepare this yummy bread, I always receive raves. It’s perfect with coffee or as a gift, plus it’s really quick and easy to prepare.” —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, apricots and pecans. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Apricot Pecan Bread in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p59
Reviews for Yummy Apricot Pecan Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review