- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, apricots and pecans. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Yummy Apricot Pecan Bread
"Actually I haven't made this yet, but Iknow it will be on my list of quick bread recipes to prepare time and again! This recipe sounds delicious! Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"was okay but turned out really dry, I had to mix it w/ my sons yogurt or milk to get him to eat it for breakfast and he usually eats any sweet bread!"
"Very tasty, lots of texture. Took me longer to make than I expected."