Yum-Yum Cake Recipe
This cake has been a family favorite ever since my mom received the recipe from a neighbor. My husband's co-workers ask him to bring this cake for his birthday treat every year! —Teresa Marchese, New Berlin, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package white or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Grease the bottom of two 8-in. square baking dishes. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into prepared dishes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Fold whipped topping into pudding until blended. Level cake tops if necessary. Place one cake on a serving plate; spread with half of the pudding mixture. Top with pineapple, and the remaining cake and pudding mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC