- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream just until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Yuletide Pound Cake
Sort By :
"My family loves pound cake, and this cake dills the bill. My old recipe was very involved and time consuming, this recipe is very easy, it came out of the pan beautifully, and tastes great with or without a glaze"
"This was the first cake I have ever made from scratch... SCORE!!! It is actually a tiny bit too sweet, so I will back off on the sugar by a 1/4 cup next time. The texture is just right and moist! A new Christmas Tradition found!"
"*Also should mention that this cake is very crumbly! (Not necessarily dry though, just crumbly. Makes quite the mess when you cut it!)"
"I baked this on Christmas eve and my family loved it. However, I didn't think it was that great. It was sweet, but missing some flavor. For the icing I added some peppermint extract for a holiday touch. Also, you might want to use real grease and flour to grease the pan, as I used the spray stuff generously and still had trouble with it sticking."
"This cake is amazing! My family loves this recipe. This is the best pound cake I have ever eaten and made!"