I always serve this beautiful bundt cake when we decorate our Christmas tree. It's not too sweet for the little ones, who can snack on it without getting too full for the "munchie" part of the evening.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream just until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Yuletide Pound Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p49
Reviews for Yuletide Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review