Yuletide Eggnog Cupcakes Recipe
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- Freshly grated or additional ground nutmeg
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with eggnog, beating well after each addition.
- 3. With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold into batter.
- 4. Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and eggnog until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake: 296 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Yuletide Eggnog Cupcakes
"Made these last year on Christmas Eve.....one batch...they went fast...been waiting to make these again..they are fabulous ...."
"Lovely, delicious, fluffy and light, perfect balance of eggnog flavor, I now get eggnog just so I can make these!"
"HAPpY HAPpY HAPpY HAPpY HAPpY these are the best of cupcakes that i've ever eaten. Thus far,"
"The icing was delicious but as for the cupcake part I can't tell bc I was trying to bake with a toddler hanging off my legs so I made a big mistake and forgot to add flour!!!! So the cupcake part didn't turn out so I'll be doing that part over when my son goes to sleep."
"These were a huge hit with friends and family. Definitely a keeper!"
"These cupcakes are delicious. I added red and green sprinkles for a festive garnish!"
"Made these into eggnog cakes balls. They were the hit of the party. I dipped them in white almond bark and sprinkled them with nutmeg."