- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks
- form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating
- on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue
- beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-22 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans
- 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and eggnog until
- smooth. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 296 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.