Yuletide Cherry Cookies
Crispy on the outside, these eye-catching cherry-topped cookies are chewy and tender on the inside. They're a great hit whenever I take them to holiday parties or cookie exchanges!
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crushed crisp rice cereal
- 15 red and/or green maraschino cherries, halved and patted dry
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in
- almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually
- add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or
- until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in crushed cereal. Place 2 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Immediately press a cherry half into the
- center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 72 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium,