This is the perfect dish for the holiday season. It is so full of flavor and makes enough for a crowd. It is sure to please.—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
- 2-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Italian sausage links
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium sweet red pepper
- 2 medium sweet yellow pepper
- Cut chicken into 32 cubes. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the broth, mustard, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet, cook sausages over medium heat until juices run clear. Cut each sausage into eight slices. Cut each zucchini into 16 slices. Cut each pepper into 16 chunks. Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread chicken, sausage, zucchini and peppers. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Yuletide Brochettes in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p18
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Yuletide Brochettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review