Yuletide Banana Bread Recipe
Rich but relatively fuss-free, this is no ordinary banana loaf! Regina Albright of Southaven, Mississippi fills her quick bread with macadamia nuts, raisins and coconut to create a memorable treat.
- 1 cup whole macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a food processor or blender, process 1/2 cup macadamia nuts until ground; set aside. Chop remaining nuts; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and ground nuts; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in bananas, raisins, coconut and chopped nuts
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 252 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC