Yukon Mashed Potatoes Recipe
My mom liked to use Yukon Gold potatoes for this recipe instead of the usual white variety. These garlic-seasoned spuds are sensational served alongside spareribs.—Nancy Horsburgh, Everett, Ontario
- 2-3/4 to 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the cream, butter, garlic salt and pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 180 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC