- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound bacon strips, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or yellow mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Add salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; reserve 4 tablespoons bacon drippings. Cook and stir onion in reserved drippings 6-8 minutes or until browned.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cooked bacon for topping. Add onion, drippings, celery and remaining bacon to potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard and seasonings. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until chilled. Just before serving, sprinkle with reserved bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as You're-Bacon-Me-Crazy Potato Salad in Make & Take Cookbook Bookazine 2016, p58
Reviews for You're-Bacon-Me-Crazy Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review