You Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dogs Recipe
Planning a Fabulous '50s party to surprise my sister for her birthday got me humming. Recalling popular songs from the decade gave me the idea for a clever name for the chili dogs I served. Like Elvis' tune, they were a big hit! -Judy Nix, Toccoa, Georgia
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs, cooked
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness.
- 2. Place hot dogs in buns; top each with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 340 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1001mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for You Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dogs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC