You Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dogs
Planning a Fabulous '50s party to surprise my sister for her birthday got me humming. Recalling popular songs from the decade gave me the idea for a clever name for the chili dogs I served. Like Elvis' tune, they were a big hit!
-Judy Nix, Toccoa, Georgia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs, cooked
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water,
- Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mixture
- reaches desired thickness.
- Place hot dogs in buns; top each with about 2 tablespoons beef
- mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 340 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,001 mg sodium,