Yorkshire Pudding with Bacon and Sage Recipe
Individual souffles are a nice change from traditional dinner rolls. The savory treats are tastefully topped with crumbled bacon and fresh sage.—Melissa Jelinek, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- 2. Transfer drippings to a measuring cup; add enough melted butter to measure 1/4 cup. Pour into 12 ungreased muffin cups. Place in a 450° oven until hot.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sage and salt; beat in milk and eggs until smooth. Fold in two-thirds of the bacon. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° (do not open oven door). Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and sage. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving equals 154 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC