Yogurt lends the flavorful difference to these soft waffles shared by Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. Topped with additional yogurt and fresh fruit, they look especially tempting on a plate.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Raspberry, peach or strawberry yogurt
- Raspberries, blueberries and/or sliced peaches
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat in plain yogurt, butter, eggs and honey until smooth. Bake in a
- preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until
- golden brown. Top with flavored yogurt and fruit. Yield: 6 waffles.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 516 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 204 mg cholesterol, 1,089 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.