Yogurt Waffles Recipe
Yogurt lends the flavorful difference to these soft waffles shared by Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. Topped with additional yogurt and fresh fruit, they look especially tempting on a plate.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Raspberry, peach or strawberry yogurt
- Raspberries, blueberries and/or sliced peaches
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in plain yogurt, butter, eggs and honey until smooth. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top with flavored yogurt and fruit. Yield: 6 waffles.
1 serving (2 each) equals 516 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 204 mg cholesterol, 1,089 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC