Yogurt Waffles Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Raspberry, peach or strawberry yogurt
- Raspberries, blueberries and/or sliced peaches
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in plain yogurt, butter, eggs and honey until smooth. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top with flavored yogurt and fruit. Yield: 6 waffles.
2 each: 516 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 1089mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Yogurt Waffles
"You can use only 1 cup of yogurt if you like a less soft waffle. You can also use flavored yogurt as well. I've used a prepared baking mix like Bisquik substituting 1/12 to 2 cups instead of the first four ingredients."
"They were good, but very limp. I would just as soon find another recipe. Unless of course you have a lot of plain yogurt to use up! :-)"