Yogurt Waffles Recipe
Yogurt lends the flavorful difference to these soft waffles shared by Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. Topped with additional yogurt and fresh fruit, they look especially tempting on a plate.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Raspberry, peach or strawberry yogurt
- Raspberries, blueberries and/or sliced peaches
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in plain yogurt, butter, eggs and honey until smooth. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top with flavored yogurt and fruit. Yield: 6 waffles.
Originally published as Yogurt Waffles in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p17
Reviews for Yogurt Waffles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2011
They were good, but very limp. I would just as soon find another recipe. Unless of course you have a lot of plain yogurt to use up! :-)