If you’re looking for a easy guilt-free way to dress up a boxed mix, try this yummy cake with a spice flavor and a hint of apple.—Jolene Hermoe, Raymond, South Dakota
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, one carton of yogurt, applesauce and eggs until blended. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, fold whipped topping into remaining yogurt; spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Yogurt Spice Cake in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p44
Reviews for Yogurt Spice Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2012
"Really good cake, easy to make and enjoyed by both my husband and I."
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2010
"This is so good! It is very easy and refreshing. I like to make it the way the recipe states but the possibilities are endless depending on your particular taste."