If you’re looking for a easy guilt-free way to dress up a boxed mix, try this yummy cake with a spice flavor and a hint of apple.—Jolene Hermoe, Raymond, South Dakota
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cartons (6 ounces each ) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, one carton of yogurt, applesauce and eggs until blended. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, fold whipped topping into remaining yogurt; spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Yogurt Spice Cake in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p44
Reviews for Yogurt Spice Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review