Yogurt Spice Cake Recipe
If you’re looking for a easy guilt-free way to dress up a boxed mix, try this yummy cake with a spice flavor and a hint of apple.—Jolene Hermoe, Raymond, South Dakota
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cartons (6 ounces each ) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, one carton of yogurt, applesauce and eggs until blended. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, fold whipped topping into remaining yogurt; spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 216 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Yogurt Spice Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC