Yogurt Spice Cake Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cartons (6 ounces each ) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, one carton of yogurt, applesauce and eggs until blended. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, fold whipped topping into remaining yogurt; spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
1 slice: 216 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Yogurt Spice Cake
"I'm confused. The ingredients list 1 1/2 CUPS of yogurt divided but the directions say add 1 CARTON of yogurt. Should you add 1 cup of yogurt to the mix and then fold the remaining half cup with the cool whip frosting?"
"Really good cake, easy to make and enjoyed by both my husband and I."
"This is so good! It is very easy and refreshing. I like to make it the way the recipe states but the possibilities are endless depending on your particular taste."