Yogurt Spice Cake Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cartons (6 ounces each ) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, one carton of yogurt, applesauce and eggs until blended. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, fold whipped topping into remaining yogurt; spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
1 slice: 216 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Yogurt Spice Cake
"I'm confused. The ingredients list 1 1/2 CUPS of yogurt divided but the directions say add 1 CARTON of yogurt. Should you add 1 cup of yogurt to the mix and then fold the remaining half cup with the cool whip frosting?"
"This is so good! It is very easy and refreshing. I like to make it the way the recipe states but the possibilities are endless depending on your particular taste."