- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- Semisweet chocolate chips, dried cranberries, sliced ripe bananas and coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with optional ingredients if desired. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Yogurt Pancakes
Sort By :
"I used banana Greek yogurt so I'm not sure how much that effected it. The batter was super thick so I added more water. I think I'd use milk next time. The texture was chewy than I like for pancakes. I added dark chocolate chips, which never make anything taste bad."
"Yuck :( I was really looking forward to these, as I have used other pancake recipes using Greek yogurt and usually have pretty good results! The batter was too thick and they were tasteless and chewy. I would definitely use milk instead of water next time and double the amount of it. Maybe add some vanilla extract and an extra T of sugar."
"These were excellent! I used 1/2 cup of almond/coconut milk in place of the water & vanilla greek yogurt... yum!"
"Instead of 2 cups of All Purpose Flour, I used 1 cup All Purpose & 1 Cup White Whole Wheat. I substituted the water with Milk. I agree the batter is very thick. I kept adding more milk to make it thinner, but it's still a very thick batter. I would say I probably added a little over a 1/2 cup of milk total. Also, I cut down half the sugar and only used 1 Tbsp of sugar. They were fantastic. As one reviewer stated, the batter is so thick that it won't bubble, so you have to flip them fairly early in the cooking process. THEN... this is a key... you have to flatten them on the griddle after you flip them. This allows them to cook more evenly. I flipped mine a few times, flattening them with each flip to insure even cooking throughout the pancake. I topped mine with banana slices, sliced almonds & maple syrup. Very tasty and moist. Thank you for sharing. I'll make these again."
"Love this recipe! I use Fage Nonfat Greek Yogurt, add lots of blueberries and make waffles. Leftovers are frozen for breakfast through the wwek."