Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- Semisweet chocolate chips, dried cranberries, sliced ripe bananas and coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with optional ingredients if desired. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. To freeze, arrange cooled pancakes in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 4. To use frozen pancakes: Place pancakes on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 40-50 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 12 pancakes.
2 pancakes (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 242 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 starch.