Yogurt Lemon Pie
This tasty recipe came about by experimenting in my kitchen. I'm a 75-year-old grandmother and great-grandmother, and when I'm not baking for relatives or friends, I'm busy tending my cherry orchard or skiing, bowling or dancing!
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 pastry shell or graham cracker crust (9 inches), baked and cooled
- Whipped topping, optional
- Lemon peel, cut into thin strips, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt and milk until smooth.
- Beat in pudding mix until thickened.
- Spoon into crust. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving
- time. Garnish with whipped topping and lemon peel strips if desired.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 245 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.