Yogurt Ice Pops Recipe
"Fresh-tasting and fun, these strawberry ice pops get smooth, creamy goodness from yogurt," reports Pat Manchur of Sanford, Manitoba.
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free strawberry or vanilla yogurt
- 16 Popsicle molds or paper cups (3 ounces each) and Popsicle sticks
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sweetener and 3/4 cup cold water. Combine gelatin and the remaining water in a saucepan; let stand for 2 minutes. Heat until gelatin is dissolved; remove from the heat.
- 2. In batches, place the strawberries, sweetened water, gelatin mixture and yogurt in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Fill molds or cups with about 1/4 cup strawberry mixture; top with holders or insert sticks into cups. Freeze. Yield: 16 servings.
1 ice pop equals 28 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC