Yogurt Honey Fruit Bowl
On our farm, husband Loren and I have visitors year-round. We enjoy sharing this delicious and nutritious dish with friends and family at breakfast.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 cups chopped mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and salt. Blend in honey and
- lemon juice; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until
- thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir another 2 minutes. Gradually
- stir half of the hot mixture into the egg yolk; return all to the
- saucepan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; blend in
- yogurt. Cool completely.
- Fold in whipped topping. Layer a fourth of the fruit, yogurt mixture,
- nuts and granola in a serving bowl. Repeat layers, ending with
- granola. Refrigerate. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium,