Yogurt Honey Fruit Bowl Recipe
On our farm, husband Loren and I have visitors year-round. We enjoy sharing this delicious and nutritious dish with friends and family at breakfast.
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 cups chopped mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and salt. Blend in honey and lemon juice; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir another 2 minutes. Gradually stir half of the hot mixture into the egg yolk; return all to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; blend in yogurt. Cool completely.
- 2. Fold in whipped topping. Layer a fourth of the fruit, yogurt mixture, nuts and granola in a serving bowl. Repeat layers, ending with granola. Refrigerate. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC