Yogurt Fruit Parfaits
These parfaits are a fun and delectable way to get a serving of fruit into your diet. If you like, place the ingredients out and let each person build their own parfait.Fran Fehling, Staten Island, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 4 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, strawberries and honey.
- In another small bowl, combine the yogurt, chocolate, coconut and
- pineapple preserves.
- Divide half of yogurt mixture among four parfait glasses. Layer with
- half of the cookies and fruit mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with
- pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 parfait equals 495 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.