16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Baked pita chips
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter
- and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover
- yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl.
- Combine sesame seeds, salt, cayenne and cumin. Spread yogurt on a
- serving plate. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with sesame seed mixture
- and lemon peel. Serve with pita chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without chips) equals 50 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.