Yogurt Biscuits Recipe
"Scoring the dough instead of cutting out individual pieces keeps these biscuits nice and moist," explains Rosemarie Kondrk of Old Bridge, New Jersey. "They have old-fashioned flavor that's very satisfying."
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in butter until crumbly. Combine yogurt and sugar; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray; pat into a 6-in. x 4-in. rectangle. Cut into six square biscuits (do not separate biscuits). Brush tops with milk. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 each: 134 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Yogurt Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC