- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fat-free milk
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in butter until crumbly. Combine yogurt and sugar; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray; pat into a 6-in. x 4-in. rectangle. Cut into six square biscuits (do not separate biscuits). Brush tops with milk. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6 biscuits.
Reviews for Yogurt Biscuits
"I made these for dinner tonight. Great recipe! My husband took one bite and commented how fluffy and good tasting they were. The tops were deeply golden and crisp, but as Ms. Kondrk says, leaving them joined in the pan kept some moisture inside the biscuits."