Yogurt Applesauce Cake Recipe
Cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg lend an appetizing aroma to this yummy cake made with fat-free yogurt. "It's great for brunch, dessert or snacking," notes Tina Dierking of Skowhegan, Maine. "In fact, it's great anytime!"
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the applesauce, water, yogurt, egg whites and almond extract. stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For drizzle, in a bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and water until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 167 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.
Reviews for Yogurt Applesauce Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC